The Butte Chamber of Commerce is an alliance of individuals, businesses and other organizations dedicated to the growth, economic develop-ment and enhanced quality of life in the Butte area. Located within the Visitor’s Information Center at 1000 George Street, the Chamber’s staff prides itself on going the extra mile for its members, visitors, and guests. They provide information on Butte’s world-class hotels, unique dining and shopping opportunities, and the wonderful attractions allowing you to experience all Butte has to offer.
The Chamber’s expansive Annual Report to the Community and member directory are an incredible resource to ensure your trip to Butte is one you will never forget. Additionally, the Butte Chamber of Commerce offers one of Butte’s many hidden treasures, the historic trolley. By taking a tour on Old Number 1, the trolley tour will provide you with the fastest and most colorful way to learn about Butte while experiencing some of the community’s amazing attractions.
In about 2 hours you will see where the characters, famous folk, and miners lived, worked, and played. Plus, you will hear how they made Butte the lively, urban center it was and continues to be today. With new tours, such as the Spooks & Spirits and Pints & the Past tours, the Chamber’s trolley tours are becoming a staple in the “Butte experience.” Reservations can be made at the Butte Chamber of Commerce at (406) 723-3177 from mid-May through September.
Some additional highlights of the Butte Chamber of Commerce’s work includes:
- Actively working with the Butte Local Development Corporation and Butte-Silver Bow to attract and bring new businesses,
- Hosting hospitality rooms and support at tournaments in conjunction with Advantage Butte, YMCA, the Butte Civic Center and the Maroon Activity Center,
- Assisting in the recruiting efforts with St. James Healthcare to assist in bringing new physicians and health care specialists to Butte,
- Co-hosting Business Card Socials with Chamber member businesses and organizations,
- Celebrating ribbon cutting ceremonies with new or remodeled Butte businesses,
- Providing Butte welcome packets for incoming Montana Tech students and local convention attendees,
- Welcoming visitors to the Butte community (over 16,705 visitors to the Chamber office and Visitors Center and 28,902 visitors to the Berkeley Pit Viewing Stand in 2017),
- “Beautifying” our community through the Beautify Butte Campaign in clean up efforts and distributing 150 coupons for trees to be planted and coordinated in the Adopt-a-Lot Program,
- Hosting workshops and seminars for businesses on the latest technology fraud prevention and customer service standards, and so much more!
For more information on the Butte Chamber of Commerce:
Butte Chamber of Commerce
1000 George St.
Butte, MT 59701