What I admire most about Butte are the people and our ability to get the job done. We draw upon our work ethic passed down from generations, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit that reinvents our community in a new light. Together, our working styles can work wonders.
Our capacity to work closely together on matters of common interest is the single most important factor that distinguishes Butte from other communities. Collaboration is a necessary ingredient for economic success. Something else I admire about Butte is that we are humble. Yet I’m asking you to do something that may be out of character:
I’m asking you to boast about Butte. Be our enthusiastic partner in marketing this great, unique community. Shout it from the rooftops that Butte is a livable city where new ideas are constantly reborn and realized. For starters, Butte boasts:
- Over 1700 innovative and successful small businesses;
- A central location, allowing access to both domestic and international markets via the Port of Montana;
- Award winning public and private K-through-12 schools, plus higher education institutions Montana Tech and Highlands College;
- A plentiful inventory of affordable housing;
- Year-round music festivals, sports festivals, seasonal brew-fests, and incomparable outdoor recreation in a highly favorable climate;
- Fast Internet speed and connection, a 2-Gigabyte fiber optic infrastructure that loops around the community – rivaling even Google;
- Diverse corporate, regional and international business headquarters;
- One of the most talented, entrepreneurial and diverse labor forces in the state, along with an ever-expanding talent pool;
- A superb and affordable quality of life with quick access to nature;
- A positive “Can Do” attitude that reflects strong, ingrained worth ethics and innovative entrepreneurial ideas.
There is simply no substitute for a positive attitude. It keeps us going when others quit! It sees us through tough times. A positive attitude can be a difference maker. As the late, great Muhammad Ali said, “To be a great champion, you must believe you are the best.”
I truly believe Butte is the best, and I know you do, too. But I need your help to tell the rest of nation, and even your neighbors, just how great we are. What is your story?
The BLDC is your biggest fan, so we want to hear about the great things you are doing in your businesses. Please send us your stories, or call us, so we can feature your business story on our website and social media platforms. Let us “boast’ about how great you are!
In closing, I am so fortunate to work for an organization and a community where I have the opportunity to work every day, energized by the amazing people and innovative business owners I meet. Opportunities abound all around us, and with your help and continued positive attitude, together we can make great strides and achieve great things.
Pam Haxby-Cote – Executive Director