About Montana Precision Products
One of Butte’s premier innovative precision manufacturing companies is Montana Precision Products (MPP). Montana Precision Products was created in 2013 when SeaCast, Inc., owned by Butte natives Mike and Bert Robbins, and General Electric formed a 50-50 joint venture. The combined expertise of GE Aviation and SeaCast resulted in a company that manufactures precision parts for jet engines and other industrial customers. Their high-tech plant is located in the Montana Connections Park just west of Butte. One of the many precision products MMP manufacturers is used in a new generation of GE engines called LEAP. LEAP engines are expected to be installed in Airbus’s A320neo, Boeing’s 737 MAX and the C919 from Comac.
Montana Precision Products Needs
TIG Welder Trainee – 2nd Shift or Weekend Shift – Job Description
MPP is seeking detail oriented, constant learners and focused employees who thrive in a teaming environment and want a career in TIG welding. No welding experience necessary. MPP will train if necessary. Prior TIG welding exposure a plus.
TIG welders are responsible for the fabrication and welding of aerospace tubular, sheet metal and casting engine components. TIG Welders are trained to certify to AWS D17.1 Aerospace Specification as required to manual weld aviation hardware from 0.020” to 0.300” thickness, in all positions comprised of stainless steel, Inconel, cobalt, and aluminum alloys.
Shift hours are: 2nd Shift – Monday – Thursday, 4:30pm to 3:00am; Weekend Shift – Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 6:00am -6:30pm.
Training rate is $14/hour. Once certification is achieved, the hourly rate increases to $15/hour. 2nd shift has a $1 the shift differential. Weekend shift works 36 hours, and is paid 40 hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train to AWS D17.1 Aerospace Specification within specified training time
- Demonstrate near vision of Jaeger #2 at 12” and far vision of 20/30 or better in either eye, with or without corrective lenses.
- Perform visual and in-process inspections in accordance with quality specifications.
- Set-up and layout jobs using blueprints, diagrams and fixtures following welding procedures to TIG weld in all positions including the use of rotary turntables for manual welding.
- Set up machines according to work instructions to trim, size, form, inspect, and GTAW (TIG weld) material to meet fabrication drawing requirements.
- Drawing review and compliance for final dimensions, weld note callouts, base material and filler material selection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School Degree / GED
- Mathematical and reading skills
- Ability to read/write/speak English
- Legal authorization to work in the US
- Knowledge of welding processes – MIG/Stick/Flux Core welding; TIG welding a plus
- Good attention to detail and eye/hand coordination skills.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and work instructions.
- Good communication skills to work in team environment
- Strives to meet or exceed job requirements.
- May be exposed to noise, dust, fumes, airborne particles, smoke (Not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels).
- Safety training and equipment are provided by MPP in accordance with applicable law, industry standards and company policy.
- Occasionally lifts 25 – 45lbs.
We commit to providing a high-quality, competitive employee benefit program designed to address our employees’ needs, including:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Plans
- Employee / Spouse / Dependent Life Insurance
- Parental / Maternity / Primary Care Giver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Employee 401(k) Savings plan plus Company match
- Voluntary Short-Term / Long-Term Disability
For more information, visit www.mtpp.com/employment/ or call 406.496.3331